The last few years have seen an explosion of productivity tools – and many of them are designed specifically for Mac.
That’s great news because it means there’s a wide selection of apps that can help you get more done faster. In this article, we’re going to take a look at some of these apps and explain what they do in detail. Let’s start with…
Evernote is one of the most popular note-taking apps on the market today, and it has been consistently ranked as one of the top productivity tools for mac over the last few years. One thing that makes Evernote so powerful is its ability to o sync with other apps on your Mac. This means you can type a shopping list in Evernote, and then go to Reminders and add the items to a reminder – all from within one app!
Features of Evernote App
- syncs with other apps on your Mac
- create notes and reminders to stay organized
- simple interface makes it easy to use
- Evernote is available for free in the App Store.
Another popular productivity tool is Mindnode. It’s an amazing diagramming application that makes it easy for you to brainstorm ideas visually. And because it syncs with Dropbox or iCloud, you never have to worry about losing work if something were to happen to your computer! You also get access to over 60 templates that show how different tasks are mapped out by color-coding them. That way, everything looks neat and organized at first glance so there’s less of a chance of getting distracted by what doesn’t needs to be done.
Features of MindNode App :
- Free version available in the App Store
- Syncs with Dropbox or iCloud to reduce data loss and it can sync across multiple devices
- Drag, drop, copy, paste items to move them around on your map
- The MindNode Pro app has great features that allow you to come up with ideas quickly and easily while also helping users stay organized in order to create their maps they can then export as images or PDFs
MindNode Pro is ideal if someone needs help organizing tasks into categories so they are able to keep track of everything more efficiently
Alfred is an application launcher, providing quick access to apps and files on the user’s computer with hotkeys (customizable), keywords, or natural language queries via text input in a minimalistic interface occupying one corner of the screen while promoting discovery from within other applications launched through it. It saves time by performing desktop searches based on file types and matching filename patterns, even if they are not saved locally. It can also be used as a calculator with different functions such as percentage
Features of Alfred App:
- Access your Mac’s full capabilities quickly without using the mouse or trackpad.
- It saves time by performing desktop searches based on file types and matching filename patterns, even if they are not saved locally. It can also be used as a calculator with different functions such as percentage calculations, currency conversions, etc., perform unit conversion too and also compare files.
- It features Workflows that are like small applications in themselves, mini-apps that execute a series of commands with the click of one button (e.g., automatically renaming all your images to include today’s date and time).
This is a note-taking app for writers. It is a full-screen writing app that focuses on distraction-free word processing and rich typography, something which makes it different from other apps.
There are many features in Ulysses such as:
- ability to sync files with iCloud or Dropbox;
- search capabilities within the file browser allows you to search by document title, text content, author name etc.;
- markdown support provides quick formatting options using simple symbols without cluttering your screen;
The Airmail App is used for email consolidation and organization. It’s a clean design and easy to use for managing all your email accounts in one place.
- support of Gmail, Yahoo Mail, iCloud mail etc.;
- sort emails by unread or starred;
- create signatures with text or pictures;
- customize scrolling preferences according to how you read your inbox – manually scroll up and down through messages, have the app automatically adjust the number of lines displayed at any time from two to five rows depending on what’s shown on screen, set the speed of scrolling as well as bounce back when reaching the top/bottom of an email list; and more!
Want to brainstorm some ideas? Bear App lets you create notes and outlines, share documents with others, sketch ideas for web or mobile apps.
- Share your work with Bear on all major platforms;
- create text-, image-, link-, quote- rich posts without formatting hassles;
- add comments to any note at the same time as publishing it so that new thoughts and questions are captured in context. You can also edit existing posts while they’re still online – just tap “edit” to make changes and publish them again;
This App will help to declutter you get rid of all the applications on your Mac that you don’t use.
- Bartender lets you create custom menu items, and place them wherever you want in a window;
- You can rearrange found apps using drag and drop without any fuss;
- You will be able to manage multiple displays from one display manager;
- Instantly hide or show an application by pressing its hotkey (located below the app’s icon);
When it comes to productivity, Bartender is more than just another pretty face! It actually speeds up launching time for finder windows too.;
Automation is here, and it is in the form of Keyboard Maestro.
- set up workflows with actions like opening and closing documents, switching between applications;
- customize your own hotkeys for scripts that trigger on specific events (like sending a quick email);
- You can even set things up so you just need to type “t” or “f”, and they will lead each respective action.;
Keyboard Maestro is perfect for those who want more out of their computer than what it originally provides! Its easy-to-use interface makes this app accessible no matter what level of user you are. Biggest downside? You might not know how to stop using it once you start! 😉
Time needs to be managed in an efficient way, and Clockify is a free time tracker and timesheet app that helps monitor and manage productivity.
– Clockify allows you to create tasks, set a duration for them, see how much time has been spent on the task so far, and pause or resume the timer when needed.
It also includes features such as a stopwatch with an alarm clock option that can be synchronized across all your devices and cloud storage of project data.
– You can use Clockify wherever you are – at work, home office, or just chilling out in front of the TV! And it’s free too!
Features of Clockify:
- Free time tracker and timesheet app
- Manage productivity by tracking time spent on tasks, pausing the timer when needed
- Integrates with other apps such as Toggl or Harvest for better data management
Do you forget to save your favorite articles? The pocket app can resolve this problem device as long as they have access to an internet connection.
It’s a time-saving app that allows you to save offline articles, videos, and websites for later reading.
Once downloaded on your phone or tablet, the pocket app will keep track of all your saved content and store it in an online database. This way, everything is always available at any given moment when need it most – even without an internet connection!
The Pocket App features:
- Offers both free (limited number) and paid subscription plans with unlimited storage space; more than six million items are stored on their servers already
- Allows synchronization across devices so you can easily read from any device comfortably.
- Allows for a night reading mode to reduce eye strain
With the help of an article like this, you should be able to find a productivity tool that suits your needs. However, if there are any other tools you use and would recommend for others in the comments below, we’d love to hear about them! We hope this article has been helpful so far and wish you all the best as you continue on your quest for more productive days ahead.